GENERAL SAFETY MEASURES COVID-19
In case of illness, stay at home!
Wash your hands regularly with soap and water
Keep at least 1.5 meters distance
Don't come to the reception unnecessarily
Wear a mouth mask in public places
No external visits and social gatherings
Preferably use your own sanitary facilities
In connection with the fight against COVID-19, safety rules are in force all across Belgium. You can find government information online at www.info-coronavirus.be.
In Belgium, campsites and holiday parks are operating according to a safety protocol, implementing safety measures so that guests can enjoy their stay in safety. This page includes a summary of the main rules of behaviour. The rules and instructions of the leisure company with which you are staying always take priority.
The information below was compiled with the greatest care and is regularly checked against current events due to the crisis.
- Follow all the instructions of the leisure company.
- Keep a distance of at least 1.5 metres from anyone who is not a member of your household.
- Wash/disinfect your hands several times a day. In particular, please be sure to do so before and after a visit to the shared facilities.
- Use paper tissues and throw them away in a receptacle with a lid, closing the lid afterwards. If you don’t have any paper tissues with you, sneeze into the inside of your elbow.
- Wear a face mask in places where social distancing is difficult and/or where wearing a face mask is compulsory.
- After visiting the shared facilities, go straight back to your accommodation.
- Stay at home or leave the site immediately if you feel ill or have any of the following symptoms: cold, runny nose, sneezing, sore throat, mild cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, high temperature (up to 38°C) or a fever (38°C and over).
- Don’t shake hands or kiss people.
- Some areas may be closed in accordance with the safety measures.
- Always follow the indicated compulsory routes, the floor signals and distance markers.
- Visits (during the day or overnight stays) by people who do not belong to your household are not permitted.
- Parties, barbecues and other social gatherings with other guests who do not belong to your household are not permitted.
- The social distancing rules must be followed at the containers/the waste collection facility. You must also use gloves. Disinfect your hands afterwards.
- You must disinfect your hands with the hand sanitiser provided after handling the tank of the chemical toilet. After replacing the chemical toilet and/or its cassette, you must immediately wash your hands again in or by your accommodation.
- Where possible, pay with a card and PIN code or contactless.
- Deliveries to the site by external companies must be communicated in advance to the site manager.
The management of the leisure company can adapt the onsite rules at any time to ensure safety and/or in line with the safety measures imposed by the government.
- Only a limited number of guests will be admitted to reception (1 guest per floor surface area of 10m²).
- Follow the instructions regarding the maximum number of people, the compulsory routes, the floor signals, the distance markers and face masks.
- Please respect the time slot that you were given for arrival, registering, obtaining your keys, etc.
- Don’t go to reception unnecessarily. Where possible, use your mobile phone for any questions you have.
- If reception is closed, follow the instructions displayed.
- Tourist reservations and bookings must be done in advance online/digitally and/or by phone.
- Tourist and seasonal campers with their own camping equipment must follow the directions to their designated pitch. As a result of the safety measures in place, it is possible that you will be directed to a different pitch than the one indicated in advance.
Follow the instructions of the leisure company’s employees.
- Use your own sanitary facilities, if available in your accommodation, as much as possible. Limit the use of the shared sanitary facilities as much as possible. Follow all the instructions of the leisure company regarding the use of the sanitary facilities. Always keep a safe distance of 1.5 metres from other people. The management of the leisure company can adapt the rules regarding use of the sanitary facilities at any time to ensure safety and/or in line with the safety measures imposed by the government.
- Wash/disinfect your hands before visiting the sanitary block, again when leaving it and again when you get back to your accommodation.
- Do the dishes in your accommodation if possible. Follow the instructions regarding the use of the facilities for hand washing clothes, the washing machines and the tumble dryers.
- Children under 9 years of age must always be accompanied by a member of their own household when visiting the shared sanitary facilities.
- The same rule applies here: 1.5 metres distance from other people.
- Guests will be offered disinfection measures when entering the shop.
- Only a limited number of people may enter the shop at the same time. The site’s employees will give instructions where necessary. The guideline is one visitor per 10m².
- You must do your shopping on your own.
- There are distance markers, indicating where you must wait, on the floor at the checkout.
- Where possible, pay contactless (using your phone) or with a card and PIN code (preferably not in cash).
- You must use a shopping basket or shopping cart in the supermarket. The shopping carts/shopping baskets are regularly disinfected.
Your holiday chalet will be cleaned and disinfected prior to your arrival in line with the cleaning guidelines to curb the spread of COVID-19. We ask you for your cooperation and request that you keep the holiday chalet clean and virus-resistant. We would also like to draw your attention to the following:
- Rented accommodation may only be rented to a single household.
- The 1.5-metre social distancing rule for other guests who are not a member of your household applies everywhere. Avoid physical contact with people who are not a member of your household.
- Make maximum use of the sanitary facilities in your accommodation.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Use paper tissues when you sneeze or cough and throw them away in a receptacle with a lid, closing the lid afterwards. If you don’t have any paper tissues with you, sneeze into the inside of your elbow.
- Regularly and thoroughly air out all the areas in the chalet.
- Regularly clean or disinfect the most frequently used areas: light switches, doorknobs, cabinet handles, sanitary facilities, taps, work surfaces and sinks, remote controls. Use the cleaning products that were supplied to you upon your arrival.
- After each stay, additional attention is paid to cleaning and disinfecting all the hand contact points. The accommodation is aired out for at least 20 minutes during cleaning.
- The pillows on the beds have disposable pillow covers/washable medical pillow covers. Bring your own pillow if you wish.
- Visits by people who do not belong to your household are not permitted.
- Always maintain a safe distance of 1.5 metres from one another.
- Only go out with members of your own household.
- Avoid social contact with people who are not members of your household and keep a safe distance.
- Stay at home if you have a cough or a cold or if a family member is running a fever!
- Avoid visibly busy areas where possible.
- Follow the local instructions in shopping streets, tourist attractions, etc.
If everyone follows these guidelines, together we will ensure that you can enjoy a safe stay or holiday. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!